Monday, December 3, 2012

Buko Pandan Muffins

I tried making muffins before but they usually turn out looking more like pudding than muffins.  >.>  Not sure why, maybe I overmix.  The only time I made them looking like muffins instead of pudding (that is, they are fluffy instead of compact) was when I used prepared hotcake mixes.  So I tried this recipe which I found printed at the back of one of those hotcake mix boxes.

BASIC MUFFINS

1 pack           Maya Quick n' Easy Complete Hotcake Mix 200g
1/4 cup          sugar
1/2 cup          water
1 tablespoon  cooking oil

Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.  Prepare a 12-hole muffin pan.
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.  Mix lightly then pour into muffin pan.  Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.  Makes 12 muffins.

Muffin variations:
Cheesy Muffins: Add 1/3 cup grated cheese into the mixture.
Choco Chip Muffins: Add 1/3 cup chocolate chips into mixture.

The thing is I don't use an oven.  =P  We do have an oven but I'm not sure if it still works.  Maybe it does but we haven't used it in a long time.  Maybe it's the consumption of electricity?
Anyway, we don't use the oven but there are cake mixes available that can be cooked in the oven toaster.  So I've been trying to bake using the toaster.  I just estimate the number of minutes by trial and error.  =P
I made this a while back so I can't remember the minutes exactly.  I think the muffins were done in about 10 minutes.  Just have some toothpick handy to test.  =)
As for the flavor, I still have some leftover buco pandan flavor which I used for something else a while back.  So I thought why not make buko pandan muffins?  =P Problem is I don't know how much to put in.  For this batch, I just added 1 teaspoon of the buco pandan flavor.  I got the nice light green color, but maybe it needs a little more for the flavor.  =P  Maybe next time.  ;)  


[Note:  I reposted this in bubblews.  Please also check my articles there.  Thanks!  =) ]

No comments:

Post a Comment